Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Girlfriend

I always sit in the valley
I spend time there
I try to talk with the nature
It's the only friend I have here

I look up at the clear blue sky
With small clouds here and there
And the valley is lush green
I never knew blue and green makes such a great combination – until I saw it here

I always sit under the same tree
I do not know what tree it is
Or perhaps it's actually good that I do not know her identity
She brings me more peace than my own blood relatives

She's the only girl friend I have
I talk to her all day long
Sometimes she listens to me, sometimes not
But the story goes on…

I think she's very pretty
She's firm, wide and tall
Her branches are like her long hairs
Exactly like what I want in my girl

She looks even better when the wind blows
Her branches move and fall over me
I feel that as a symbol of acceptance
That she wants me to see

Then the rain starts
She becomes soaking wet
Water drops through her branches upon me
I remember, "this is how we first met'

Slowly, everything stops
The sun sets, rain stops, darkness falls, birds go home
I understand it's time up for me now
I have to head for home

I feel sad, as I have to leave
Life back there is full of sorrow
My girl bends down and asks me, 'when will you be back again?'
I say, 'don't worry baby, I'll back again tomorrow'

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Ani,your writing is very simple yet deep.Embracing Nature to seek peace & comfort is what I yearn to do.It's a joy that cannot be expressed in words.However,you have managed to pen down the intimacy with your 'girlfriend' in a very beautiful & sensitive manner.