Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wake Up!

Shattered Dreams
Secluded for ages
Don't know what to do
Life's been an abusive pain

Traveled the dark alleys of drugs
Thought they will provide sunshine
Instead took me to another cosmos
So brutal; Left me battered

Self mutilation was the only way out
Looked around for inspiration
Found it; Two slices on the wrist
A surging pain of relief

Quarter of a life flashed
Thought will see only nightmares
Wait! The images I recall are of joy
Is this what life has been?

Confused. Why now?
Do I want a second chance?
But it's too late
All I see is darkness ahead

Eyes open. I see blood all around
I am cowardice personified
Never tried hard for anything in life
Yet complained, "Amores Perros"

Wake Up!
It's never too late
Wake Up!
Redemption tastes good, always

6 comments:

Somdatta Bhattacharya said...

I think with quite a few stale images strung together, you have managed an original piece. Which is not an easy task. Cheers!

Unknown said...

Oshadharon!!!

Unknown said...

deep!!

Unknown said...

Wah Wah!

Sandy said...

Well-composed. The flow is easy and does not allow for abrupt pauses even. Yay! :)

The Speaking Wood said...

Hmmmm...very well written...one can almost visualize...scary and hard hitting, yet profound, nice wake up call, Cheers!!!