Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Way We Were

The first time I saw you
I fell head over heels for you
Smitten by your beauty and simplicity
I really wanted to be with you

Slowly, our bonding grew
As days passed by
I was sure; I was in love with you
So I said lets give it a try

We were so happy together
Talking, hugging, kissing, spending time with each other
I was so proud of us
We were the best couple ever

Nothing came in between us
We never fought
All we knew was to love each other
Happiness was all what it brought

As time passed by, we became busy
You had your studies, I had mine
We were growing apart slowly, like arsenic poisoning
I felt helpless, watching love fading away in due time

We started fighting over small issues
You couldn't stand my jokes
I couldn't stand your sentiments
I thought – was this due?

Kissing stopped, hugging stopped
We barely talk with each other
Is this why we fell in love?
Or is this the phase every relation goes through?
I don't know; I don't care
I just want to be with you - Just like The Way We Were

No comments: